Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ask Luis #1

Luis has finally received his first question. I know, it may have taken a while to trust the attack-squirrel however here is the first anonymous request for Luis help, Take it away Luis!

Hello all,


My name is Luis. I am here to talk to  you about video game addiction. A reader asks:

"Dear Luis,
I have recently started playing the new Sim City game and find myself losing hours at a time! Please help me with this issue.... thanks!
;)"

Well Reader, the problem you seem to be facing is guilt. Guilt that you are missing out on other seemingly important aspects of your day. Here is where the mistake is, you have nothing to worry about. Guilt is only necessary as a courtesy response when you forget people exist because the truth is, the computer versions are probably more interesting. But the real lesson here is: Get better at pretending to care. There is no need to feel guilty about playing video games until you get called out on it, and then, AND ONLY THEN, do you have to pretend to care. Use the following excuses to better peoples sympathy for your new found addiction:

  1. My clock broke and I thought it was still three hours ago.

  2. I fell asleep in front of the computer and my head must have double clicked the mouse to open this game when it fell on the desk!

  3. Video game addiction is a real disease it says so on the internet!


Then if they STILL try to make you feel bad for enjoying the company of the fake people over the real one, just teach them how to play the game and install it on their own computer. This way you can enjoy silent gaming time together. That is the idea that won me a Nobel prize my friend. 

This has been another segment of, Ask Luis. 

Thanks Luis!

No problem Tanya. Someone has to pull their weight around here.

Now Luis that is rude.

Anyways, if you have a question for Luis, please send him an email at askluis@yellowshoesinthecity.com  and he will do his very best to answer you in a timely and efficient manner. Hope Luis solves your problem reader!

[caption id="attachment_363" align="alignnone" width="794"]Luis is always #1 Luis is always #1[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shopping is Best When Done in the Comfort of Your Sweatpants!