Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Have no Business Here

I only have one goal today: Don't fall asleep.

I think this is going to be harder than giving birth. I can say this, because I have never given birth so I am going to pretend it is not so bad even though I know better because I took parenting by accident and they make you watch the life-ruining mind-scarring videos.

But point of this. I am really tired. For no real reason other than its coldish and rainy and I want to be snuggled up in bed with a good book and some hot chocolate.

There is a lot in the news about American politics lately. I find it a bit more interesting than Canadian politics, probably because I am the intellectual equivalent of a pug eating a rock but in all honesty there is just more funny things happening with it. There aren't many good jokes about Canadian politicians, they all are equally crazy. Stephen Harper is a robot. I am 100% sure of this and should I meet him one day I will throw a magnet at him and let you know how it goes. Although I am sure the manufacturers would be smart enough to know not to let him be magnetic. Hes probably built of gold or something. That's why I have to pay so many taxes.

Anyways, with all the famous people that I actually pay attention to talking about politics I tend to know more about the American races. More so when I am home during the days in school because then you hear the View with all their "important" opinions. Really, you just end up hearing who ever is loudest and then the blond one screams some. I liked her better when she was on survivor and they made her only eat rice.

I saw something tweeted from the unfairly pretty Oliva Wilde who quoted the good ol' Billy Clints saying he said something about it being unfair to expect Obama to be able to clean up the whole mess in four years. Which I agree with. Its like, the idiot toddler George got America all fat by binge eating for what eight years? And then you expect Obama to be all, well I can get this all buff in no time! No people. If you gain say 40 pounds in a year from eating only Tacos, it will probably take you like... 3 years to lose it unless you are famous and you have a celebrity trainer and your job depends on it.

Maybe that's why they elected Arnie, they thought he would best buff up California. I am so proud of California for that. I know it was a long time ago now, but it just still makes me so happy that of all the movie stars, Arnie was the one who ran that shit. Genius.

Anyways, I have no idea what anything to do with politics really means. I think Obama seems super neat but I know literally nothing of his politics. I mean as a person he seems genuinely excellent. Also his wife could kick your ass and you know it. I don't know anything of the other guy other than he has an unfortunate name. Who names their kid Mitt? Really now. Do parents not remember middle school? Do they just hate their children?

So I am not really taking sides. If I had to pick a side, I would probably just hide until its over - but not really because I am Canadian so I get no vote anyhow.  I just thought it was kind of funny that the republicans are using the excuse that Obama hasn't fixed anything in his first four years, but the reason its messed up in the first place was their Man-child in charge last time. That poor man, comedic gold I tell ya. My law teacher in grade eleven had a little "George a day" flip book. Every day there would be a new terrible quote that made me smile.

Anyways I probably shouldn't post this because me talking about politics is equivalent to asking a bear for tax advice. But I will post it because its the Internet, and I can probably guarantee you somewhere on the Internet you can find a bear giving tax advice so we are even. Sorry about the almost political opinions. Mostly I have an issue with people blaming others for their mistakes. Stupid people...


Obviously accountants wear hats when they give advice.


I don't know how to draw pugs...


1 comment:

Shopping is Best When Done in the Comfort of Your Sweatpants!